Who We Serve
SOAR participants tend to be average to above average in intelligence, creative and divergent thinkers with gifts and strengths in a multitude of areas. Our participants tend to have challenges with executive functioning, organization, impulse control, social skills, and low frustration tolerance.
Typical diagnosis includes:
- Executive Functioning Disorder
- Learning Disabilities
- High functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders (formerly know as Aspergers)
SOAR has specially designed our outdoor adventure programs to nurture the gifts and strengths of our participants. We offer a 4 to 1 student to staff ratio. Certain criteria might disqualify a child from fully benefiting from our programming, or pose a danger to themselves or other campers. SOAR is not a therapeutic program and therefore does not serve participants with the following:
- Physical aggression or self-injurious behavior
- Threatening or emotionally abusive behavior
- Drug or alcohol use/abuse
- Conduct Disorder
- Sexually acting out/inappropriate sexual behaviors
Visit us at SOAR
Come visit us to make sure you are comfortable with your decision to send your child to one of our camp sessions. Individual visits are available by appointment on weekdays (Monday-Friday). Call us today to schedule a visit at 828-456.3435. We look forward to serving your camper and family!