WY Canoe Adventure
Ages 11 – 18, 18 Days
WY Canoe Adventure Highlights:
- All of SOAR’s Eagle View Ranch adventures are 18 days in length and offer all of the excitement that the Wild West has to offer!
- The highlight of the WY Canoe Adventure is a 3-night canoe expedition on Bull Lake, which boasts incredible views and small cliffs perfect for jumping into the refreshing waters. Campers will reflect on their accomplishments each night as they camp on the sandy beaches under the stars.
- With the nation’s first national park in our backyard, campers will spend four days in Yellowstone National Park, discovering the area’s majestic geothermal features & geysers and abundant wildlife (including bears, wolves, bison, elk and moose).
- Another expedition includes a trip to the awe-inspiring Grand Teton National Park where campers will discover Lake Louise and all the incredible wonders of this alpine terrain.
- The journey continues to Sinks Canyon State Park, which will serve as the staging ground for rock climbing and exploration of the Popo Agie River (which vanishes underground before returning to the surface a few miles downstream).
- In true American West style, WY Canoe Adventure campers will then get to horseback ride, throw hatchets, shoot archery and rifles, learn survival skills, watch the Dubois Rodeo, and participate in our camp-wide “Cowboy Contest”!
- The course concludes with a day of whitewater rafting on Class II-III rapids of the Snake River.
My Camp Experience
"SOAR was a transformational camp for my son. He struggles with ADHD and all the issues that go with it. After his first year of camp at SOAR, he came back more confident and felt less anxious. He was scared to go, but he asked to attend SOAR camp again the next summer. We put him on the plane by himself. He was ready to go. This time the feedback from the counselors was that he had become one of the leaders of the group - helping others adjust to life away from their parents and be responsible. He is excited for the coming summer. Another big trip with SOAR. We can't wait to see what he learns this year. SOAR is the camp you choose if you want to teach your child important life skills... plus they have a great time."