Ages 13 – 18, 15 Days
NC Expedition Highlights:
- This course is designed to be slightly more physically challenging and offers a broader range of adventures than some of our other course options.
- The excitement starts on our High Ropes course which begins with a variety of aerial challenges and ends with a thrilling zip line!
- Next is the NC Expedition crew’s biggest adventure – a 5-day backpacking trip in Pisgah National Forest, through which they learn the fundamentals of expedition planning: using a map & compass, planning their backpacking route, and organizing and packing just the essentials! Hiking days will be rewarded with exhilarating views and the satisfaction of navigating “the road less traveled.”
- We’ve got the need for speed!! After the slower pace of backpacking, NC Expedition campers then experience the adrenaline of mountain biking through Dupont State Recreational Park, site of filming of the Hunger Games!
- It’s up, up, and away in Pisgah National Forest as our NC Expedition campers scale to new heights on Looking Glass Rock.
- We ain’t scared of no dirt as we get our mud on in Worley’s Cave in Bluff City, TN. Spelunking in a truly wild cave is the adventure of a lifetime!
- They don’t call it FUNyaking for nothing! Our NC Expedition teams start the whitewater section of their course with a funyak trip down the Class 2 rapids of the Tuckaseegee River.
- Then, it’s on to the Class 2-3 excitement of some of the most popular whitewater rafting in the southeast on the Nantahala River.
- The “Whitewater Triple Threat” culminates on the Ocoee River, site of the 1996 Olympic Whitewater competitions and home to prime Class 3-4 water.
- Their journey finishes in Cherokee National Forest, where campers will rappel & rock climb at Starr Mountain and have a “beach day” on the sandy shores of Parksville Lake.
My Camp Experience
“Hey Mom, I’m having a great time here. I have made tons of friends. I’m having tons of fun! I’ll see you in a few days. I’ll tell you more in my Journal! I miss you!!"