NC Classic Adventure
Ages 11 – 18, 11 Days
NC Classic Course Highlights:
- Considered SOAR’s “classic” adventure course, our NC Classic is chock full of the classic array of outdoor adventure activities!
- Wanna test your skills high in the trees? Our High Ropes course offers a variety of aerial challenges that end with a thrilling zip line!
- Although backpacking is one of the more strenuous activities we offer, it is also one of the most rewarding! For their 4-day, 3-night backpacking trip, campers will choose their route, acquire map and compass skills, and learn the importance of organization and carrying just the essentials! After full days of hiking, campers will reflect over a campfire about the exhilaration that comes from working hard, “unplugging” and tuning into nature and all its wonder.
- Up in the air again! NC Classic campers will have a chance to climb at one of the most well-known sites in the southeast, Looking Glass Rock in Pisgah National Forest.
- Can you say Elective Day?? Campers get to choose between Mountain Biking, Paintball, Primitive Skills, and Fishing.
- Let’s wrap it up, folks, with a run on the Class 2-3 rapids of the Nantahala River!
My Camp Experience
“Hey Mom, I’m having a great time here. I have made tons of friends. I’m having tons of fun! I’ll see you in a few days. I’ll tell you more in my Journal! I miss you!!"