NC Canoeing Adventure
Ages 11 – 18, 11 Days
NC Canoe Course Highlights:
- Who doesn’t love the idea of floating on a high mountain lake, surrounded by evergreens and watching bald eagles fly overhead? That’s the backdrop for our NC Canoe course!
- The highlight of this course is the 4-day, 3-night canoe expedition on Fontana Lake in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Campers will learn the value of teamwork as they paddle from campsite to campsite, and will reflect on their day each night as they camp on beautiful lake islands under the stars.
- Wanna test your skills high in the trees? Our Canoe campers will do just that on our High Ropes course that offers a variety of aerial challenges and ends with a thrilling zip line!
- What views!! NC Canoe campers will rock climb on a privately owned rock bordering Dupont State Forest as they summit a bald that offers views of over 30 miles!
- Having choices is always important, and on Electives Day canoe campers get to choose their activity of the day between Mountain Biking, Paintball, Primitive Skills, and Fishing!
- What day is it?? River Day!! The excitement and adventure of Class 2-3 whitewater rafting awaits as the crew wraps up the course with a trip on the Nantahala River!
My Camp Experience
"Very thankful that we have SOAR in our life! My son has done 2 of their camps and has really gotten a lot of it! Confidence and independence are the first things that come to mind. The staff is awesome and I absolutely love the opportunity to have goals set at the beginning and a debrief after camp is over. Above and beyond your "basic overnight" camp. My son isn't really into sports, which is what I feel like EVERY other camp does. This was a perfect fit for him - I couldn't believe when he said that whitewater rafting was his favorite experience of the trip - SERIOUSLY?? MY kid?!?!? Thank you SOAR for having a place for my kiddo!! #HighFivesForDays"