Each summer, we ask our campers to give us their feedback on their experience. After attending the Postgraduate Adventure, we received an evaluation from one of our 5-Year Alums, Patrick, that helped remind us exactly why we do what we do.
- Did you receive enough information before your came to SOAR? Yes
- Did you want to participate in the SOAR course? Yes
- What course(s) would you like to try next? Employment with SOAR
- What was your favorite activity or activities of the course? Jet Skiing & Blacksmithing
- What was your least favorite activity or activities of the course? Deep-sea fishing. (Not SOAR’s fault, bad captain)
- Tell us about your staff’s performance: Excellent. Great communicators and extremely passionate.
- What did you learn about yourself? I can miss college friends while making new ones.
- What one thing would you suggest we change at SOAR in order to improve the program? Future PG Staff spend more time with Andrew to learn about the program.
- What is the best thing about SOAR? Growth. In the past half decade I have been with SOAR, I have grown in more ways than I can measure. I would not be the person I am today if it were not for SOAR. It’s been an amazing five years, and I will miss it. One day I want to have the same impact that Nick and Amanda, Dan and Liz, Luke and Kelsey, Andrew and Cam, and Matt and Lizz have had on me. John, thank you for calling me in March of 2014 and convincing me to come back for PG. I would not have had the experiences if it were not for the wisdom Andrew instilled in me. You run and amazing organization, and I am grateful for being allowed to participate. It changed my life.
Patrick is currently attending his second year of college at a university in Texas. We are just as grateful for the impact he has had on us and look forward to more summers and more adventures!