SOAR California Adventures
Our California Summer Camps range in location and activity, with courses beginning near Los Angeles as well as San Francisco. Campers will have the opportunity to explore California’s most beautiful regions including the Channel Islands, the Big Sur Region, Monterey Bay, Yosemite National Park, and the Lake Tahoe Region.
California Surfing Adventure
Ages 11 to 18, 10 Days
If your child is interested in learning this life long, adventurous skill, the California Surfing Adventure is a great fit! Under the guide of experienced surfing instructors, campers will learn the basics of surfing and spend a total of 6 days improving their skills. Campers begin by learning how waves are created, about the types of surf breaks, and the importance of safety and stewardship in this dynamic environment. Then it’s time to test their balance and coordination as they experience first-hand the joy of riding a wave. To switch things up, every two days campers will spend time doing other activities such as snorkeling, rock climbing, or stand up paddle boarding!
- 6 Total Days of Surfing Instruction
- Snorkeling in the Channel Islands
- Rock Climbing or Stand Up Paddle Boarding-Camper Choice!
California Coastal Adventure
Ages 11 to 18, 10 Days
The California Coastal Adventure is filled with coastal variety. The adventure begins in Los Angeles where campers meet up and head to the Ventura area of southern California. The next eight days are filled will fun and adventure, including surfing, rock climbing, snorkeling, sea kayaking, exploring sea caves, day hiking, stand up paddle boarding, and deep sea fishing. Many of these activities are up to the camper! On “elective days” campers get to choose which activities they enjoy most!
- 1 Day of Surf School
- 1 Day of Surfing or Rock Climbing-Camper Choice!
- 4 Days Exploring Channel Islands National Park, with opportunities to Snorkel, Sea Kayak, Explore Sea Caves, and Day Hike
- 1 Day of Stand Up Paddle Boarding or Deep Sea Fishing in Morro Bay
Ages 11 to 18, 15 Days
Our California Expeditions combines adventures of the sea and land in some of Northern California’s most beautiful locations. Modeled as a more traditional outdoor program, campers will work as a team as they backpack through the desolation wilderness and explore Yosemite National Park. In Yosemite, campers will be surrounded by giant giant sequoias, magnificent waterfalls, and deep valleys surrounded by towering granite cliffs.
- Sea Kayaking at Moss Landing
- Visit to Monterey Bay Aquarium
- 4 Days Exploring Yosemite National Park
- Rock Climbing in Lake Tahoe
- 4 days Backpacking in the Desolation Wilderness
- Whitewater Rafting on the American River